iPhone -Making app groups
iPhone folders allow you to reduce clutter on your iPhone’s home screen and group similar apps together.
You can put all of your games into a single group and have them take up just one icon on the screen, rather than take up pages of icons.
To create a folder group, you’ll need at least two apps to start.
- Press down any app icon until all apps on the screen start trembling.
- Drag one of the apps on top of another of a similar type such as a game app.
- When the first app seems to merge into the second one, take your finger off the screen to create the folder group.
- In iOS 7 and higher, the folder and its name will take up the entire screen. If you want to add more apps to the folder, tap the wallpaper or press the home button and then keep dragging them into this area.
- You can edit the name of the folder at this stage (or later) by tapping on the name and using typing the name you want.
- When you’ve added all the apps you want to the folder and edited the name, click the Home button on the front centre of the iPhone and your changes will be save.
- To edit an existing folder, tap on the folder and hold until it begins to move. Tap it a second time and the contents on the folder will be revealed at the bottom of the screen. Drag more apps in to add them or drag them out to remove them. Edit the name of the folder by tapping on the text. Click the Home button when you’re done.
- To delete a folder, simply drag all the apps out of it and then press the Home button to save that change. You can’ have an empty folder so it will disappear.